Office Storage Ideas For Each Employee’s Workstation
When one thinks about office storage, it is often the requirements of the business as a whole that are taken into account, not the needs of each individual employee in their own workstation. Whilst it is one thing to have a few filing cabinets dotted around the workplace, how does that help employees who need access to their files on a regular basis? Instead, you should also be looking at ways that your employees can store the things they need in their own workstations, and here are some helpful ideas:
• Cabinets: Be creative with your office storage ideas – why not use some handy cabinets instead of partitions? This can make accessing files that are shared between employees even easier.
• Desk Trays: Often, the smallest items on our desks are the hardest to find a home for. Desk trays are a great way to increase office storage, as they can be used to keep track of incoming files, as well as to sort stationary.
• Hooks: These are some of the most multipurpose accessories that you can have in your office, as they can be used for a number of things. Do you need a place to hang your coat in winter or to hang a lanyard when it’s not in use?
• Notice Boards: Hanging one of these on your cubicle walls will keep important notes and other bits of paper off your desk, which can actually help to prevent them from being accidentally thrown out.
• Shelving: If your employees workstations are against a wall or are between full height partitions, you could also consider installing some shelving to keep less needed items close by but out of the way.
• Under Desk: If you are looking for more permanent office storage ideas or you need to store heavier items, you could look into putting a smaller filing cabinet or set of drawers beneath the desk.
• Wall Space: Never underestimate what can be stored simply by using the walls of your cubicle. By mounting some lightweight storage containers to the wall, you can keep stationary out of the way whilst also making it much easier to locate a pen or paperclip in a rush.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways that you can introduce some handy office storage to the workstations of your employees. Instead of making central locations where everything is kept, make sure that each individual person is given their own solutions; they will be much happier and you may even notice an increase in their efficiency!